Data Controller: Modbury Health Centre- Poundwell Meadow- Modbury PL21 0QL
Data Protection Registration Number: Z6033755
Data Protection Officer -Bex Lovewell -Sentinel Healthcare SouthWest Community Interest Company- 07375322875
The GDPR replaces the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and is designed to harmonise data privacy laws across Europe, to protect and empower all EU citizens’ data privacy and to reshape the way in which organisations across the region approach data privacy. The GPDR comes into effect on 25 May 2018.
How do we communicate our privacy notice?
At Modbury Health Centre, the practice privacy notice is displayed on our website, through signage in the waiting room, and in writing during patient registration. We will:
- Inform patients how their data will be used and for what purpose
- Allow patients to opt out of sharing their data, should they so wish
How Modbury Health Centre use your information
- We collect and hold data about you for the purpose of providing safe and effective healthcare
- Your information may be shared with our partner organisations to audit services and help provide you with better care
- Information sharing is subject to strict agreements on how it is used
- We will only share your information outside of our partner organisations with your consent*
- If you are happy with how we use your information you do not need to do anything
- If you do not want your information to be used for any purpose beyond providing your care please let us know so we can code your record appropriately
- You can object to sharing information with other health care providers but if this limits your treatment options we will tell you
- Our guiding principle is that we are holding your information in the strictest confidence
- For more information about who are our partner organisations and how your data is used please see the privacy notice on our website or ask at reception.
- *Unless the health & safety of others is at risk, the law requires it or it is required to carry out a statutory function
Further documents available below- we can provide paper copies if you wish to contact the health centre.
Privacy Information Leaflet
Childrens Privacy Information Leaflet
Subject Access Request Form SAR
Shared information Statement
National Screening Programmes Statement
Privacy Notice Payments
Privacy Notice Direct Care Emergencies
Privacy Notice Commissioning Planning risk stratification patient identification
Privacy Notice Safeguarding
Privacy Notice Direct Care routine care and referrals
Information used to provide healthcare statement
Medical Research Statement