When you telephone in the morning for a doctor"s appointment that day you will normally be offered a telephone triage appointment with the duty doctor . The duty doctor will telephone you usually within the hour and discuss the reason for your call. In some instances it will be possible to consult over the telephone. If this is not possible the duty doctor will offer you an appointment the same day if that is necessary.
Please note all telephone calls are recorded confidentially. Pre-booked appointments will be made available for those patients who have difficulty in one way or another in getting to the Health Centre, ie patients who need to make arrangements in advance to attend the surgery.
What you as a patient can expect:
- To be offered an appointment within 24 hours with the duty doctor
- You only need to speak to the receptionist once to make an appointment unless you are not prepared to accept any appointment
- To be able to see your usual doctor in most instances within the following 5 days
- Appointments will only be booked up to THREE WEEKS in advance
- Follow-up appointments may be booked in advance or can be made on the same day as with other appointments
The aim of the appointments system is to give better service, with better access to your doctor.
Choice of GP
You will have a named registered GP however you will be able to see any GP of your choice