We offer evening & weekend appointments through our surgery here or at another NHS service nearby. Please contact reception on01548 830666 where a receptionist will be able to help
💙 GPs are working hard to provide care safely.
⚠️ Please follow your practice’s safety advice if visiting for an appointment.
😷 Do not go to your GP if you have symptoms of coronavirus or are self-isolating.
Contact your GP practice online, by an app or by phone.
☎️ 💻 If appropriate, you will receive advice or care via video or over the phone.
Available On The Day
- Face-to-face appointments are available to all patients, but you may be asked to discuss your conditions over the phone or online first to assess what would be most appropriate for you
- In addition to face-to-face consultations, many GP practices are offering consultations online or over the phone. This can be a convenient and flexible way to receive healthcare but if you would prefer to see a GP or healthcare professional in person then this will be arranged for you.
Cancel an Appointment
It is important that you inform the reception staff if you are unable to attend your appointment, this will allow that appointment to be offered to another patient. If you fail to notify the Practice that you are unable to attend, you will be sent a letter informing you that you have defaulted from your appointment. Persistent defaulters maybe removed from the list.
You can also complete our appointment cancellation notification request form. This can only be used if your appointment has been arranged for more than 24 hours in advance. (excluding weekends and public holidays). You can also text to cancel your appointment.
Late For Your Appointment
Please attend your appointment on time, if you are late you may not be seen. If you are not seen you will not be able to rearrange your appointment until the next working day-except in the event of an medical emergency that requires immediate attention.
If you require an interpreter to attend with you when you see your Doctor please notify the receptionist and she will arrange this for you.
For home visits that day:
- Home visits will be made for patients who are housebound or too unwell to attend surgery. Due to the large area covered by this practice, we cannot guarantee that a home visit will be made by the doctor of your choice. Home visits take the doctors away from the surgery for some time, delaying other appointments.
- Telephone the health centre as soon as possible - there is a receptionist on duty from 08:00 until 18:00. This will ensure the doctor can plan his/her visits and avoid unnecessary delays. Please ensure you inform the receptionist of your correct contact telephone number. The duty doctor will then ring you to ascertain the reason for the visit.
- All urgent visit requests will be put through immediately to the duty doctor for immediate action.
- State the patient’s name, address and full directions of how to get there when necessary.
- Please give a correct contact telephone number.
- Your doctor would appreciate a name or number clearly marked on your house.
Private Medical Examinations
Medical examinations for special purposes such as pre-employment, fitness to travel, elderly drivers, fitness to undertake sports etc., will require longer than a routine appointment.
These examinations do not form part of NHS Services, you will be charged for any such examination. Please check the fee chargeable page here before arranging any such examination. Please inform the receptionist when arranging such appointments.
Click here for our private medical examination prices.