Modbury Caring is growing! We need more volunteer befrienders; please contact Sheila on 07554997140 or email@example.com
Please look at our website for further information www.modburycaring.org.uk
Need a lift to a medical appointment?
Need a friend for support and companionship?
We are there for you, covering Modbury and the outlying villages.
Modbury Caring is here to help you:
- To book transport, telephone the Health Centre on 01548 830666
- To contact Sheila Harrison, our Befriending Co-ordinator Telephone 07554 997140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or
- ‘Drop in’ to see Sheila on Wednesdays from 11 -12am at the Modbury Parish Office
Modbury Caring is a registered charity, (charity no. 1070237), and provides the following services to patients at the Health Centre.
For patients who have no other means of getting to and from the Health Centre, local hospitals and other medical appointments, for example with dentists or opticians. We also take regular prescriptions to outlying villages and may also assist the Health Centre reception in taking urgent prescriptions to patients who cannot collect them
Our drivers are all volunteers, who use their own cars and receive expenses for their fuel etc. Each has DBS clearance.
We do not charge for transporting clients, but invite contributions towards our running costs. Suggested donations are:
- £3-6 to the Health Centre and South Hams Hospital
- £22 for longer journeys to Derriford or Torbay Hospitals
A Befriending Service
Providing regular visits and some assistance to those who are isolated and/or living alone.
Our volunteer befrienders are carefully matched up with those seeking help.
Our befrienders are interviewed, trained and all have DBS clearance.
Contact Sheila (see above) for more information.
Our services are free however we need some funding to cover costs.
Can You Help Us?
- Join the Modbury Caring 100 Club or becoming a Friend of Modbury Caring? – please pick up and complete a leaflet in the Health Centre.
- Watch out for other fund raising initiatives advertised in the Heath Centre. We collect scrap metal and run regular raffles etc.
- Volunteer to be a driver, (Michael Tagent on 01548 810520) or a befriender, ( contact Sheila, see above for details).